Thursday, November 28, 2013

Bond Knitting Machine Links

I have been looking at a used Bond knitting machine that is a 4 hour drive from here. I started looking on the internet for what should be in the case and what extras can I purchase if I want to.


Next, I looked up websites on using the Bond and the further I dug, the deeper I went. All I can say is WOW!! Not only for machine knitting but for hand knitting.
Bond’s website has a lot of videos to watch. Some are good, others are short. Combined, they do tell a good story.


Then I clicked onto Cheryl Burnette’s How to Knit A Sweater book. I may have to buy that one. Then I looked at her How to Knit a Sweater Workshop for both hand knitting and using the Bond.


I was digging deep and exploring a lot just in that area plus her You Tube videos. I realized I can hand knit and improve my techniques in sewing my garment and I can learn more about using the Bond knitting machine.


If that wasn’t enough, I discovered the blog Diana natters. Another lady full of knitting machine information. Almost to overload. Really, I had to stop there.
 I saw how to do ribbing without a ribber, do short row knitting, and to add a ribbed band to a beret. Way too cool.


Until tomorrow………………………….



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:06 PM

    Ann, if you can find one at a good price, the Studio LK 150 is a much more user-friendly machine than the Bond - although I agree the Bond has good online info. The LK 150 is a lightweight, portable, plastic-bed machine that uses the weights of yarn we use for hand-knitting. I know several people who have one and we all love them! Ann

    ReplyDelete