Friday, February 05, 2016

Susie Pouch

Yesterday was cool with the temperature hovering at 0C or 32F. The low was -2.8C or 27F. It is 3C or 37F at 8 a.m. this morning.

Lifestyle

We shopped, I sewed, and I worked from 1:00 to 9:30 p.m. I had an 8.5 hour shift in front of the cash register. When it wasn't busy, I put away returns and then cleaned the space behind the register. Shelves, window ledges, and counter tops all got done. My hands were black!! When it was quiet in the evening, I cleaned up the thread and dusted the case and then dusted counter tops where the notions are. It was really dusty and needed to be done.

Sewing

I started the Susie Pouch yesterday. I got the pattern here. When you add it to the shopping cart you get a pattern with a link to her video instructions.
After cutting out all the pieces using just quilter's rulers and rotary cutter, I snipped the center of the 2.5" side at the top and bottom as she states in video. Then the 6" x 2.75" pieces were sewn together having 7 pieces per side.
Next the seams were pressed open.
At this point, I had to watch the video to see how to make the pleats. So easy when you know. I folded the seam allowance


and put that seam at the notch of the light piece and pinned it at the top and bottom.
The other side was done the same way.
The lining pieces are cut out and interfaced. I am ready to start the box pleats for the second pouch. I am making two at the same time so I can send one as a gift to Daughter-in-law.
I found this picture of a bedroom that I love.


I bought a piece of striped fleece (very thin) to make two pillows for our bed. I would love to find/make plain pillow covers for the bed and then get a duvet cover in white for our bed. A headboard in a darker grey would be perfect. I am thinking this one through as I want some shots of colour in our bedroom without making a quilt.

Today

I work from 1:15 to 9:15 p.m. I am sure there will be a lot of cash and doing notions again. I do hope to sew on the second Susie pouch before I leave for work so I can finish them on my days off.
Until tomorrow....................

No comments:

Post a Comment