Friday, May 27, 2016

Doll's Sleeping Bag

Yesterday was a wet day with a high of 20C or 68F. We had .33" of rain fall, most of it in the afternoon and evening.

Lifestyle

Life has been busier than normal. There have been changes at work and my hours have been increased as have my responsibilities. More on that another day.
The Spousal Unit has had a couple of more appointments. His first was to the ophthalmologist. He has cataracts. His right eye is the worst and because of that he can't drive until after he has surgery. His file has been expedited and he has chosen to go on the cancellation list plus have 6:30 a.m. surgery. He is determined to get back to normal. For me, it means I do all the driving.
He also had a chest X-ray to see if there is no fluid left on his left lung. I really don't think so as he has plenty of energy and is eating well.
I am doing well with all the changes and am trying to keep rested and not stressed. So far so good.

Sewing

I did make a doll's sleeping bag using some scraps from the cushion cover and broadcloth. It is ready for the lining to be hand sewn to the zipper.
It isn't really fancy but it is cute.
Next on the list is to clean up the sewing room and start on the table topper and napkins.
I remembered to download the free Friday pattern from Pixie Faire. It is a house coat and I will be making it in flannel.

Today

I work the late shift and then work Saturday and Sunday. I won't be posting until Tuesday prior to leaving for a 2.5 hour drive to the cancer clinic for the Spousal Unit's check up.
Until the next time............................

1 comment: