Friday, June 17, 2016

Doll Outfits Completed

We have had some rain and somewhat more normal temperatures, we have not had the rain northern BC has experienced. We love the rain as it waters our yards but those in the north have experienced not seeing their yards. We did experience this type of weather a few years before we left, looked at pictures of the flooding the year after we left and pictures of the flooding yesterday. It is amazing how these people pick themselves up and move forward after such devastation. The people of the north are such strong people in my opinion.

Lifestyle

I have been working 40 hours a week. I am learning the process of inventory and am doing well at it. I keep it organized by writing notes on the back of the inventory slips and attaching paper to the front. All mean something to me to help me get everything in the right place the day before inventory.
The Spousal Unit had another chest X-ray yesterday and we haven't heard from the doctor so no news is good news. He is feeling much better and is bored. He can't do a lot of things he loves to do due to his cataracts. When I am off, we drive around some so he can have a change of pace and location.

Sewing

Yesterday and today, I had a bit of time to work on doll clothes. A knit remnant was used up as I made two knit tops for the dolls.
When I made this top, the neck, sleeves, and hem were bound with bias tape. I stretched the neck so had to insert elastic to gather it up to look nice again. A good save.
With the jacket on. A cute outfit for the doll.
I also made the 18" doll a t-shirt for her grey outfit. More pieces than the Cabbage Patch doll's t-shirt but still an easy make.
I am finding these patterns boxy and would love to make them more fitted through the body. But for little hands, these may be the best.
Jacket on to show how it all looks together. I then tucked in the shirt and did up the jacket.
And the dolls together in their matching outfits.
I had a lot of fun making these outfits and am looking forward to making the next outfits. I am doing, it seems, matching outfits for these dolls.

Today

I work from 9 to 5 p.m. It is the start of a big sale so it could be a busy day.
Until the next time............................



1 comment:

  1. Such cute doll outfits! I wouldn't mind one for myself!! lol

    ReplyDelete