Thursday, June 30, 2016

Soccer Shirt Done

We had a hot day yesterday with a high of 36.4C or 97.5F. There was plenty of sunshine for everyone. Today is to be warmer and then back to normal temperatures for a couple of days. It is summer in our area.

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit spent half a day in Ambulatory having his monthly immune booster via IV. He had a bit of an upset stomach this time so didn't do a lot when he got home. But looking out the window was entertaining. Fire trucks and ambulances going to emergencies, police ticketing a driver, and the by-law officer doing the same. His best laugh of the day was our neighbour. He put a lamp on the side of the road for free and it was gone in 3.5 minutes. The things that entertain you when you aren't up to par.
We were busy getting ready for inventory at the store. We worked until 9 p.m. last night and got quite a bit done after hours. We want to be done by early next week and it is looking possible.

Sewing

I bought the following items for doll clothes. These are for the soccer outfit I am making. Balls for the t-shirt and maple leaves for the bag.
The small square buttons will go on a dress or shirt; maybe even the little western shirt I want to make.
The buckles are for belts and the celtic knot buttons are for a doll's outfit also.
They were fun purchases I found when helping customers look for doll notions. I always offer them to the customer and then hold them for 2 or 3 days afterwards if the customer returns and wants them.
I made the ladies' soccer team shirt for the doll yesterday. I do like it but cutting it out was a pain. No where does it say to cut two of the from and one of each back. I cut one of each and had to cut out a second front. All worked out well in the end.
This is one version of the top where they had a white band coming up and fading out into a halogen maple leaf. The neck band was white. They will wear this outfit to the Olympics 2016 in Rio. 
 The shorts are pinned onto the fabric and I have started cutting them out. Last will be the socks.

Today

I am home and am cleaning up the living/dining room prior to sewing. Laundry will be done also. I get my hair cut early this evening.
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment