Wednesday, November 16, 2016

A Bargain

We had rain yesterday and we are now at the beginning of our cooler weather. That means single digit numbers and near freezing at night. We enjoyed the lovely weather and appreciated it lasted to mid November.

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit has the window area of the sewing room completed and is ready to start in our bedroom. New rules in there as we are going to sleep in that room and the destruction is on my side of the bed.
At work, we built Christmas trees using tomato cages, mesh and other items that are discounted in the store. It was a lot of fun and we had several good laughs. The management trees:

Sewing

At work, I cleaned up the Bargain Center as there were a bunch of bolts on the floor. I found an expensive lining (black stripes on an off white) and bought it for 1.00/meter. It is amazing what you find when you clean up the back areas of the store.
I bought the dolls .5 meter of black faux leather and am going to make them leather leggings or skinny jeans. They want black knit tops and a lace duster to go with it. As they can't get black boots they have settled on black ballet flats. The inspiration came from Stitcher's Guild.



The large picture shows the lace but I will be buying what I can find in the store. Sorry dolls.

Knitting

I knit the first sock's gusset and then the second sock. Today I am unknitting the second sock's gusset. Mistake at row one. That's what happens when I'm tired.
Today
I am off work and I have to help tidy up the sewing room, talk to the fellow who is doing the renovations, and sew on the doll's jackets. They need to be finished.
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment