Saturday, November 12, 2016

Gussying Up the Sewing Room Began

Yesterday was a grey cloudy day which was cool though warmer than the average temperature. We keep reminding ourselves of the date.

Lifestyle

We headed out the door early to shop and after we arrived home, I set about doing housework until mid afternoon. It was a lot of hard work but I am glad it is done.
The young fellow is arriving on Wednesday to start the renovations. First the bathroom and then the sewing room. After that, the bedrooms, living room, and kitchen. Most of it is paint, doors, crown moulding, and trim. I can hardly wait.

Sewing

Nary a stitch was sewn yesterday as I cleaned out the sewing room. All I can say is WOW!! Everything in that room is now in the basement. I pretty much looked at everything and need to make some decisions (a few but not a lot).
I pushed the table back after I cleaned it off but it will come forward during the renovations. The valance over the window will be removed, the room painted, doors put on, and trim added.
Even the ironing board is cleaned off. The closet has a few items in it that I am sewing for Christmas.
The closet can be cleaned out quickly when the time arrives.
The only mess left is the sewing machine cabinet. I ran out of time as we had to buy a battery for the truck.
I can now spend some time sewing the dolls' clothing and making Christmas items.

Knitting

The legs of the two socks are knit and I am ready to start the heels.
I plan on knitting on them most evenings so they are done prior to Grandson arriving. They need to be off the radar as they are one of his Christmas presents.

Today

I am back to work for the next four or five days. I do hope to sew a bit and knit during the evenings.
Until the next time....................

No comments:

Post a Comment