Monday, November 21, 2016

Renovation Day 1

The weather has been grey and cooler. No more snow but a bit of rain. I have to say, I hate the cloudy grey days we can get.

Lifestyle

I worked until 9:15 p.m. on Friday night, was back to work the next day at 8:30 a.m. and did a 9:15 a.m. shift yesterday. I did nothing much at home as I was tired. It takes me until Monday to recuperate from the late shift. 
Adam arrived yesterday and started the bathroom renovation. The bathroom was functional but dated. We used it but hated it. So the guys started working at removing everything but the toilet and one sink (that was a 10 foot counter top).
We are putting in two vanities with a space between them.
There will be a new acrylic tub and a new toilet put. Tiles will go on the floor. We are moving ahead.
Adam and the Spousal Unit also looked at the kitchen and they think we have hardwood floors under part of the kitchen. All I can say is WOW!! It makes the renovation that much easier.
The Spousal Unit was tired last night as he tried to keep up. He dozed in his chair all evening and slept all night. It is good for him to feel this way. He will do it again today and be happy and tired when I get home.

Knitting

The socks are proceeding nicely. I knit 30 rows on the foot of one sock and have 25 more rows to go. Then the other foot, two toes and I will be done. I may get it done this week if I knit every night and make no mistakes.

Today

I work day 4 of 5 and then we will see if I get a schedule change. We have a big sale in the store next weekend and all three management people should be there for it on Friday.
Until the next time.................

No comments:

Post a Comment