Saturday, December 24, 2016

Merry Christmas To All

It is warmer out with temperatures just below freezing. We were under a snow warning yesterday and had 12 cm or 5" of snow fall. The roads were in poor condition and there were many accidents.

Lifestyle

The water is fixed and the front yard will probably need repairs to it in the spring. The city's job not ours. It is nice to have it quiet after a long day of noise on Wednesday.
The three bedrooms are done except for painting the doors. It is looking better than I thought it would. The rooms slowly transformed from outdated to up to date when the trim went on. We did crown moulding for the final finishing touch.
Yes, it's the sewing room and no, I didn't get a chandelier.
I have to wash floors and reload each of the rooms. Our bedroom is the worst as all the furniture is coated with mud dust. But, I am looking forward to purging and tidying up all our stuff and putting it away.
Our friends who are doing the work are gone for a week which will allow us to tidy up the rooms that are done. When they come back, they have the front entrance, living room and kitchen to do. More changes are coming our way.

Sewing

On Wednesday and Thursday, I sewed a grocery bag for the manager of our store. I did this project back 8 years ago and loved the embroidery, hated the bag. So, I woke up during Wednesday night and redesigned it. No pictures but I will be making another one or two soon. It is a great gift that used up fabric and thread from the stash.
The sewing room will be reloaded over the next week. I am going to be sorting through that mess in the basement. I really feel like a hoarder of fabric and I know I have less than most people do. The renovations did it to me again and I realize that we both need less in our lives.
After I reload the sewing room (which I will be sorting), I am going to sew up some simple projects. There will be grocery bags, infinity scarves, a few doll clothes and the lobster fabric. It will be a time to refocus on what is important to me -- weight loss and a new wardrobe.

Knitting

I haven't knit a stitch since finishing Grandson's socks. Way too much dust floating around to have expensive yarn out.
In the mail, came a package and when I opened it up, there was two skeins of yarn in mossy colours. I did not order it and there was no card accompanying it. It is lovely and oh so soft and I have a project for it.

Today

The store is closed and we all have 2 days off. I have some grocery shopping to do and then it will be house cleaning for the rest of the day. I am looking forward to getting a huge hunk of it done.
We both wish everyone a Merry Christmas.
Until the next time...............................

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you! I hope you enjoy your two days off and are able to share turkey with family or friends this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:27 PM

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete