Monday, February 06, 2017

A Doll's Shawl

I was noticing this morning that there are snow warnings out for some areas. We had snow last night and the wind has blown it around causing some drifting. The temperature is -10C or 14F with a wind chill of -20C or -5F. We will be having more of this weather during the week.

Lifestyle

Part of the kitchen floor had to be lifted as the tiles were not sticking. The subfloor has some sort of waxy/oily film on it. We hope that adding a cement base has fixed the problem. It certainly created more dust in the house.
The TV is hung on the wall above the fireplace. I'd like to get a bigger TV but this one will do for now.

Sewing

I was going to do a bit on the coat last night but was very tired.

Knitting

I stayed awake long enough to finish the doll's shawl.
I added a rhinestone button and the opening is big enough to slide over the doll's head.
The pattern is easy. I used a knitting worsted yarn by Red Heart called Sparkle Soft using 5 mm needles.
Row 1: Knit 2, yarn over, knit 2
Row 2: Knit 2, yarn over, knit to end of row
Repeat row 2 until desired size (mine was 65 stitches) and cast off.
Sew a button on one corner and use an increase hole for the button hole.
This is just the increase part of a dishcloth. I am making at least one more shawl for another outfit but I can see making more in the future.

Today

I am working again today and will be going in early to finish setting up the sale we started last night. Got most of it done but need to do some fabrics and signs.
Until the next time........................

No comments:

Post a Comment