Sunday, April 02, 2017

An I List That Is A My List

As I finished reading Craft Business Power I sat thinking about starting a craft business. This is an I list that is a my list.
  • I have decided that I will not go big with this venture. I want to keep it small and do it myself.
  • I will brand and have business cards to go with each outfit I make.  Business cards are cheap and help you become known.
  • I will write a small story to go with a lot of the outfits I make. I am hoping the stories will make the outfits more personal for adults and children. Will I keep this Canadian? Will it be generic? I am playing that around in my mind right now.
  • I will take courses to I can have unique and one of a kind outfits to sell. 
  • I want a good size inventory before I sell outfits. Will I go the Etsy route? Maybe. I am thinking more of craft bazaars in our area, a website and Pintrest.  
  • I need to buy a charger for my camera (lost in the move) and a portrait lens so I can take good pictures.
  • The outfits will be either complete with accessories or without the accessories. I am hoping that I can reach a wider variety of buyers that way. I will start small -- one complete and one with just the outfit so I can feel out what people want. Accessories will be shoes and jewelry. I had thought of other items but that would drive the price up considerably.
  • If we choose not to rent out the basement, I will use the basement to work in and sell doll clothes out of. I can have a display area in the living room for the dolls.
Right now I am having fun thinking about this adventure and it won't happen until I fully retire. There is a date forming in my mind.
Until the next time.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment