Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Butterick 6265 - Doll's Easter Dress

Easter is coming this weekend and the dolls needed an Easter dress.
The dress of choice was View C (the blue one) without the trim on the skirt. I chose to add the gathered ruffle on the sleeves.
The fabric is a lovely cotton of which sold quickly. There were several colours and patterns of which the lilac flowers sold out.
I spent extra time serging the seams so they wouldn't fray. The dress was easy to make and it fits this doll well. There were no tricks to it. Next time, I am hoping to sew the side seams as the instructions show so the seams are hidden as in a true lined bodice.
The matching necklace was an easy make using white pearls and lilac beads.
Next on the list is to make the dolls underwear. I have done my research and will try to make a pair on Thursday before work.
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment