Wednesday, April 12, 2017

The Unmentionables

I had a bit of fun making a pair of doll panties yesterday.

  • I bought a package of RTW panties in a girl's size 7. There were 7 pairs of panties for $7.00.
  • I used these instructions of which you can download the pattern.
  • The panties turned out cute and I am happy with the results of my first pair.
A few things I would do differently next time:
  • Read the whole set of instructions carefully. They are long and the good information got lost in the talk.
  • Make sure I remove the elastic at the top and lay the pattern onto the fabric. When cut out, replace the elastic at the top of the back and front prior to sewing them together. On my pair, I tried to stretch the panties to fit the pattern and the back is a bit short in the crotch.
  • Be good and sure the right sides are together before sewing the crotch. You guessed right at my mistake.
  • Make sure the seams are lying flat when sewing. I was so excited to be making these that I forgot to check.
With the pattern on tracing paper, I am ready to make more pairs of these when I need them.
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment