Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A Zipper in a Tiny Dress

It was warm yesterday with a high of 32.4C or 90F. Today is suppose to be a few degrees cooler with showers tonight.

Lifestyle

After a quick trip shopping, I cleaned the rest of the house and did a load of laundry. With those jobs under my belt, I knew I could have a bit of time outside.
The Spousal Unit and I sat on the front porch for a bit at noon enjoying the very light breeze before it got too hot. In the afternoon, we planted two rose bushes in the heat and arranged the patio furniture as we are planning on getting a 10 foot umbrella. It is looking nice out in the yard.

Sewing

With a few hours to sew on the bridal gown, I cut and sewed and got the skirt on the dress and the zipper put in.
The peplum is out by 1/8" on one side but I'm not worrying about it. I learned that I need to put in four rows of gathering when putting in a gathered skirt. It helps keep the gathers lie more smoothly. I still have the bottom of the zipper to finish by hand.
The lining and the crinoline are cut out and ready to be sewn to the bodice lining. The veil is pinned onto the bridal veiling ready to be made. The end is near on this dress. It has taken me a lot longer than I thought it would take to make. I hope to have the lining put in on Thursday and get the trim hand sewn around the neck. Both days off I have had to stop sewing by 3 p.m. as it was too hot to sew.
I have been on Pintrest looking for ideas for doll outfits and I am looking forward to making some outfits for the dolls that are from independent patterns rather than BMV patterns.
Today I work and then it will be a quiet evening for us. I am going to look at keys for the Bullet Journal this evening if I don't fall asleep.
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment