Monday, May 15, 2017

The Future Log Part 1


The Future Log is the first item I started in the Bullet Journal. It is on the first two full pages of the journal.
The Future Log is a glance at the year, or in my case, 6 months. I want to be able to see the following when I open to these pages.
  • Birthdays
  • Days off
  • Holidays
  • Days to blog and sew
After a lot of internet scouring, I found a format I liked and I even had a mess on my first page.
I quickly taped the pages together and started again. And again until I got it right.
Starting from the center of the book, I drew my lines to the edges stopping 1 dot in. I drew the lines using this formula:
  • Line on top row of dots
  • Leave 12 spaces and draw the next line.
  • Line on next row
  • Leave 12 spaces and draw the next line and repeat until you are at the last line which should be on the last row of dots. 

Next are the calendar boxes. Each calendar box starts at the first dot at the edge of the page and are 9 dots wide by 10 dots long. I made dots on the edge one down and up from the long lines and counted to make sure there were 10 dots starting the first dot as 0. Count 9 dots over from the first dot. I started by saying blank, Sunday to Saturday and blank. It's a bit confusing so use a pencil when you start this process to help you out.
The future log is now ready to fill in each month. I will be starting in July as I feel it is going to take me a while to get this ready to journal in.
Take a break until the next time. We will fill in the calendars and do the Key.

No comments:

Post a Comment