Friday, June 16, 2017

Bullet Journal Key

Now that I can only do one thing at a time on the PC, I have had to reintroduce myself to my Mac. We have had our trials but all is well and I can now move on and do the next part of the Bullet Journal.

Materials Needed


  • Bullet Journal
  • 05 Micron pen (black)
  • Coloured Ink Joy pens (mine are gel and 0.7)
  • ruler
  • Washi tape
On the page after the Future Log, will be the Key. I wrote key at the top which is 4 dots high. 
Next, I made two boxes side by side. The left hand box is 12 boxes wide by 17 boxes long. The right hand box starts after leaving one box empty. On the next row, I drew a line across the page. 
At the bottom of the page, I added a piece of Washi tape. I had seen it added to a couple of other Bullet Journals and liked it. 
Next a box was drawn at the bottom of the page. Mine is 26 dots wide by 10 boxes deep. Yours could be slightly different in depth. 
As I researched bullet journal keys, there was a commonality in them in all. The key was an index of symbols. Each of the unique symbols are used to represent tasks, events, appointments. 
 The first column is my index. I am not sure if I will use all of them but I am sure over time I will. 
The second column is the code to tell me where I am at with a project. They are called signifiers. 
In the bottom box, I color coded each of us so I know exactly who is doing what. For example, Elliott has an appointment with the vet tomorrow at 2:30 p.m. and I would write it in the daily journal in orange as Vet - 2:30 p.m. 
Next is the goals page. I am working on my goals for the next 6 months which includes weight loss, blogging, sewing for myself and trips, visiting friends, etc. for family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment