Friday, July 21, 2017

Some Rain, More Smoke

We had rain yesterday. It came down off and on all day. By dinner time, the smoke was back in and we could smell it in the house.

Lifestyle

We have been safe with all the wildfires in B.C. The fires are all around us be we are not affected. Just heavy smoke that is hard on allergies and breathing. We changed the filter in the furnace today and it was filthy dirty due to the smoke in the air. Will do it again at the end of the month.
We have watched a lot of water bombers and helicopters land and take off from the airport. The circle over our house for landing. The bird dogs are harder to spot but they are out there.
Family had a good visit with us. It was warm and smoky but the day we went on the steam train it was lovely.
We saw a beautiful church that has been lovingly restored.
The stained glass windows were beautiful. 
The dancers were wonderful and Grandson told them they sure danced good.
We even experienced a train robbery.
We had a great time.
It has been mundane since then with house work, laundry, and work.

Sewing

I have not sewn a stitch since July 6. My focus is on the house at the moment.

Knitting

I am knitting a sweater for the dolls. I have to buy another ball of yarn to finish it up. Hopefully there will be enough yarn left to knit a beret.
I also spent a lot of time going through the yarn I have and inventoried it on Ravelry. There is about 6 skeins of yarn that I am getting rid of. Am happy with what I got done as I have wanted to do that for a while now.

Today

I work the late shift so need to fold laundry and clean up a bit more in the house.
Until the next time...................

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that you are safe, apart from the air quality. Oddly enough, we have had our share of BC's smoke more so than even Fort Mac's last year, so can only imagine how bad it is in the centre of it. (Excellent point about changing out the furnace filter, though... would not immediately have thought about that.) I understand that they are slowly getting things under control; here's hoping it doesn't get any worse.

    ReplyDelete