Thursday, August 17, 2017

An Overful Plate

With less smoke, we are seeing more sunshine and warmer temperatures. We are having a bit of summer in our area, something we thought would never happen with all the smoke from the wildfires.

Lifestyle

Life has been stressful these last few months. I am coping but only by a thread. Trying to beat last year's goal was difficult and it took its toll on several of us. Add to it inventory and wildfires and I was not sleeping well. Then time crept on and we started wondering about the Spousal Unit's check up on Sept. 7. How well will he be is a constant concern as we get closer to the date. Should we or shouldn't we sell this house was thrown onto the table for us to mull over. Less sleep was result of that as my plate was overflowing and my mind was overactive. I was becoming a wreck.
We talked and got no where so I headed to the basement to clean it up. Best thing I did. I was really in hiding and I was okay with that. I also realized my SAD was back and started on light therapy. Life improved and so did our discussions.
As we hauled out boxes to the thrift shop and paint to recycle, we talked. The talking spilled over to the dinner table. We have a plan that covers the following.
  1. We will be selling this house as the real estate market is hot in our community. We should make a tidy profit.
  2. We will wait until after Sept. 7 to make a decision on where we will live. It all hinges on the Spousal Unit's check up.
  3. I will probably stop working.  
  4. We will enjoy our trip to Nova Scotia. We want to look around the area Son lives in, go to their fall fair, see some areas where my family lived and have fun.

Sewing

I ironed some of the fabric I had laundered yesterday afternoon. I actually got 8 or 9 pieces done and ready to be put into a box.
My plan for sewing is to finish up the black gown for the dolls and then sew Grandson a pair of pillow cases for his bed. Lime green, grey, white and black soccer ball themed fabric. My wish to sew bags has gone on the back burner as I need to declutter the basement living room prior to going back to Nova Scotia. Truth be known, it really needs to be done by the end of the month.

Knitting

I have been knitting on the toque but only two to four rows at a time. I seem to fall asleep in the evenings. The toque will get done even if I have to knit in the mornings before work.

Today

 I work a middle shift and get home off at 7 p.m. I work the late shift tomorrow and early on Saturday. I am hoping to get a bit of work done tomorrow before work. That remains to be seen. Sunday is a rough day for me as I will be tired but I will push on to get things done.
Until the next time.............................

1 comment:

  1. It's hard enough working regular shifts, but different shifts all the time are so hard on you. They just wear you down. I know I couldn't do it now! I'm happy to hear you've made some decisions and am sure you will know what to do about the other choices you have when the time comes. Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete