Sunday, December 24, 2017

Knitting Frustrations

One quick post before I head out to shop. 
Frustration set in last night after I finished up the cape for Anna. It fits but is a bit snug. I haven't done the ribbon for the neckline yet. 
I then set up my needles for 4.5 mm and knit a swatch. It looks great. No issues on the back side with gutters. Stitches look fairly even on the right side. Happy? Yes until I did the measuring. 24 stitches to 4 inches rather than 22 stitches to 4 inches. 
So, do I knit another swatch using 5 mm needles? Do I blame me or the yarn? The answer is ----
I will knit another swatch as I have 3 more balls of this yarn to use up and need to have swatches for knitting other items. 
What have I learned? To do swatches to get the gauge correct. 
Shopping yesterday was interesting. Not a lot of crowds as I would have seen in Kamloops. We looked at some clothes and I truly love this knit top. 
The cuffs were a faux leather with a stretch piece of fabric on the back half. The neck was bound with a piece of black fabric (not faux leather). It gave this top a classy look. Ideas are floating through my head. 
Until the next time...................

No comments:

Post a Comment