Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Snow Fun

The 2" of snow I reported on was actually 5" of snow. The temperature hovered near freezing all day. It cooled off a bit during the night and we are to have more snow today. 

Lifestyle

I headed outside to shovel the driveway mid morning and the two boys across the street (snow day) came over to help me. They worked well and had a great time pushing snow into the ditch and jumping in afterwards. At that point they were the only children outside playing and there was no school. 
At noon, Grandson came to stay with us while his parent were in Kentville. Son had an eye appointment as he continues to have inflammation in one eye that started before Christmas. Grandson went out to play in the snow with the two boys. 
They had a lot of fun outside and were the only ones playing until later in the afternoon when 3 more children joined them. I had several good chuckles at their antics like crazy carpeting down into the ditch. By the time Grandson had to go home, the road in front of our place was littered with snow. 

Sewing

No sewing was done yesterday due to snow shoveling and Grandson being here. But, my cutting table will be delivered today or tomorrow. It is in Dartmouth. I am excited and will be putting it together after it arrives. 

Knitting

I finished Daughter's messy bun hat and I do love the colour way. 
I may knit her a third one if I find a color I know she will like. 
I cast on the stitches to make Anna a black turtle neck sweater. I went up a needle size so it may fit Kate. I do find black hard to knit so I need to find a night time project in a lighter color. I will knit black during the day.

Today

I need to do a bit of housework, wait for the cutting table to be delivered, sew a bit, and, if time, find out if our furniture has arrived. Tonight is Weight Watchers so I hope I score a loss.
Until the next time.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment