Thursday, March 22, 2018

More Snow!

We are sitting and waiting for the snow storm to arrive. It is already 7 hours late. After a few days of lovely sunny weather, it was decided we needed another snow storm. Will this be the last one before spring arrives? Let's hope as everyone wants warmer weather. Everyone I know has sent Mother Nature a memo wanting spring to come.
*The snow started just as I am finishing up this post.*

Lifestyle

I have been cleaning the house once again. There is a white layer of dust everywhere and it needs to be cleaned up every couple of weeks. When I start this type of cleaning, everything gets done; bedding, baseboards, couch, etc. all get a thorough cleaning. As soon as the weather improves, we will get someone in to clean the heat pumps. They have a good coating of white dust on them which could be part of our problem. 
I headed out to Bedford on Tuesday by myself. I got to the Mall quite easily and got a few items from Fabricville and groceries from Superstore. I then put in the directions on the GPS and went to Walmart not far from the mall. I have been to that area twice before to shop but didn't realize it until I got there. I did what I needed and was home by noon. 

Sewing

Both of the girls have capri length leggings and they fit them very well. Though I folded down the waistband on Anna's an extra 1/8", they still come up to her waist. There is still one pair to be cut out of the black legging fabric. I will make them once I put black thread on the serger. 
I also cut out and serged a top for Kate. I am testing it for sale. I also want to do a short version of Anna's dress out of the same fabric. These are part of their Easter wardrobe and I am testing them at the same time. If all goes well, I may sell them with white capris, hats, and a bag. I am slowing down on the doll sewing as I am thinking of wardrobe ideas and will be working on that. 

Knitting

I am ready to knit the second sleeve into the jacket I made for Anna. It is tight so it may become a top. 
It buttons to the ribbing at the waist so will be cute with pants or leggings. The decision will be made once it is complete. 
The red sweater with the beads is now having the body knit. I will add a row of beads on the last knit row before I start the ribbing. The same will be done on the short sleeves. The next time I knit this sweater, I plan on doing the front similar to this sweater. I will lengthen the sleeves to the wrist. 
I may graph out the sweater and add the beads to the sleeves and the back. Ideas are rolling in my head to make this sweater. I'm thinking of a color similar to a pair of leggings I bought with a contrasting color of beads. 
While shopping, I found this yarn and will be picking it up to make Daughter and Anna each a messy bun hat. 
In the meantime, I need to finish two projects and work on grandson's socks. 

Today

More housework needs to be done, some sewing and knitting, and a bit of relaxing. The Spousal Unit is to go to Son's place to watch tree removal. 
Until the next time........................

No comments:

Post a Comment