Sunday, May 20, 2018

Tired But Happy

After a lovely stretch of sunny weather, it rained last night. It is a warm rain which is lovely. Better than the frost the night before. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit has been planting flowers and vegetables and it is starting to look nice here. We had to get up at 4 a.m. yesterday morning to cover plants with blankets, towels, and shopping bags as there was frost showing up on everything. We lost 4 tomato plants. 
We got up at 6 a.m. and I watched the Royal wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony in my opinion. We were both tired so it was nice to sit and do nothing but watch the wedding. 
The rest of the day was spent with family. We both went out and did some shopping in different directions. We love those kinds of days. We ended the day having ice cream near our homes and it was delicious. We went to bed early as we were both tired but happy. 

Sewing

I finished the outfit for Kate. It is called Show Time by All Dolled Up. 
I plan on changing the shorts into a skirt. The blouse is a good fit though it does take time to sew. 
From that one piece of fabric, I got two totally different outfits for the dolls. 
Now on to sewing a shirt for the Spousal Unit along with some dresses and white leggings for the dolls. 

Knitting

I did quite a bit of knitting while watching the Royal wedding. I stopped when I thought I needed to knit another buttonhole. 
I have since finished the pattern and have it set up with the sleeves. Ready to start the shaping for the sleeves and the henley opening. My plan is to knit the matching purse and a lacy hat. This outfit will be worn with white leggings and pink runners. The rest of the pink yarn will be used to make a different sweater and if there is enough left over, a coat. 
I got the longer length knitting needles for the Russian dress. I will be starting on the skirt shortly. It will be knit as I have time as I want to knit other items also. I also got very short knitting needles to knit a pair of socks for Grandson. I'm trying something new; another learning curve is in the making. 

Today

I'm not sure of my schedule but I plan on cleaning the front entry. I will stop if I need to if Daughter-in-law and I go to the city. It is going to be a flexible day. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment